No casualties were reported after the fire broke out at the abandoned house

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) — Albuquerque Fire Rescue (AFR) says a “single family residence” was on fire Monday.

According to the AFR, firefighters were called to the 400 block of Utah Street just before 10 a.m. Crews found the front of the home on fire and had the fire under control within three minutes.

The structure burned, and officials said no injuries were reported. AFR investigators determined the fire was accidental, and possibly from an unexposed fire “related to the homeless occupation of an abandoned residence.”

The fire only damaged the building it came from, authorities said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *